- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 rashers bacon, finely diced
- 300 g runner beans, finely sliced
- 50 ml cream
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan and add the shallots. Once they begin to soften, add the bacon and cook for a few minutes on a low heat.
2. While the bacon is cooking, bring a separate pan of salted water to the boil and add the beans.
3. Stir the cream into the shallot and bacon mixture and season with a little freshly ground black pepper.
4. When the beans are tender, drain them quickly and add them to the creamy sauce.
5. To serve, sprinkle the dish with grated parmesan.
Rate This Recipe