- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 6 large sweet red peppers, long variety
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 large fillets of carp, skinned
- 120 g pancetta, thinly sliced
- 30 large basil
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp soured cream, (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Wash and arrange the long red peppers in a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Cool and remove skins and seeds. Slice in thin strips.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onions for 5-7 minutes until just transparent. Remove the pan from the heat, add the peppers and keep warm.
4. Have 4 large fillets of carp prepared and make incisions in the flesh, about 4-5 in each fillet. Push in the pancetta strips together with the basil.
5. Melt the butter and stir in the paprika. Use to brush each stuffed carp fillet. Arrange on a baking sheet and put in hot oven to cook for 20-30 minutes.
6. Serve the carp accompanied by the peppers and red onions. Spoon over some sour cream if desired.
Rate This Recipe