- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutues standing time
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 kg whole beef fillet
1. Mix the pepper and oregano together and spread it out on a large, clean flat surface.
2. Coat the beef fillet with oil and press it into the pepper and oregano mix, making sure it is completely covered, including the ends.
3. Wrap in foil and chill for at least half an hour to allow the seasoning to infuse.
4. Remove the foil and cook the fillet on a griddle or ridged frying pan for one minute each side, again including the ends. Chill in a fridge for at least an hour before serving.
5. Slice very thinly and serve with a mixed leaf salad.
Rate This Recipe