- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 long stem beetroot
- vinegar, from a jar of Japanese pickled ginger
- pinches sugar
- 1 x 115 g 3-week dry hung Welsh Black beef fillet
- 1 medium black truffle, shaved
- parsnip crisps
- 1927 Pedro Ximenez caramel, for drizzling
Tips and Suggestions
Pedro Ximenez Caramel is a reduced sherry vinegar.
1. Peel the beetroot and cut it into long, thin strips. Marinate it overnight in the ginger vinegar with a pinch of sugar mixed in.
2. Cover the beef fillet in cling film and carefully roll it out into a square.
3. Put the beef on a large square plate. Drain the beetroot and arrange it on top of the beef. Shave the truffle on top.
4. Garnish with parsnips crisps and a drizzle of Pedro Ximenez 1927 Caramel. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Rate This Recipe