- Serves: 4
- Effort: easy
- 400 g beef fillet
- 90 ml extra virgin olive oil
- small handful pine kernels, for toasting
- 50 g parmesan, for shaving
- dashes of truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
- salt and black pepper
1. Buy a small piece of the finest quality beef fillet you can afford. Cut the fillet into extremely thin slices - about 2mm.
2. Lay a piece of cling film on the work surface, place the sliced beef on top and place another layer of film over. Flatten the slices with the back of a knife.
3. Pour a small puddle of olive oil onto a large plate and place a layer of beef over it. Season with the salt and pepper and continue making layers with all the beef.
4. Cover the plate with cling film and leave to marinate for half an hour.
5. Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan.
6. Transfer the beef onto individual plates. Cover with pine nuts, shavings of parmesan and a dash of truffle oil if you have any.
Rate This Recipe