- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 small handfuls new potatoes
- 1 small handfuls brussels sprouts
- 4 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 1 fillet steak
- 1 oyster
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and peel the skins.
2. Parboil the Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
3. Meanwhile, make a pocket in the side of the steak with a knife, large enough for the oyster. Carefully insert the oyster into the pocket and push the steak back together. Season with salt.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the steak and cook for 1-2 mins each side, until browned. Season with pepper and add the potatoes to the pan.
5. When the steak has had about 4 minutes on each side, or is cooked to your liking, remove it to a plate with the potatoes. Add the brussels sprouts to the pan and toss well. Sprinkle over the mustard, soy sauce and and knob of butter and cook for another minute or two until the mixture is caramelised.
6. Serve the steak with the potatoes, brussels sprouts and the sauce poured over the top.
Rate This Recipe