- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g organic carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 350 g organic beetroot, peeled and trimmed
- 2 organic shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry or organic red wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch flat parsley, roughly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Nutritional information: per serving 121 calories, 6.2g fat, 0.8g saturates, 12.8g sugars, 0.21g salt
1. Coarsely grate both the carrot and beetroot (wear rubber gloves if you dont want pink hands), then place it all in a large salad bow. Add the shallots.
2. Heat the cumin seeds in small pan until they are hot and smell pungent. Remove from the heat and scatter over the vegetables. Add the olive oil, vinegar and parsley and then toss well. Leave to marinate for at least 15mins before serving.
This recipe uses organic ingredients. Organic food not only tastes great, but also contains fewer pesticides & is kinder to animals & the environment. For more reasons to love organic, go to www.whyiloveorganic.com
Rate This Recipe