- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg carrots
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 red chilli
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. Pound the garlic, coriander, cumin and fennel in a pestle and mortar.
3. Place the carrot and onion in a roasting tray and toss with the olive oil.
4. Sprinkle over the pounded mixture and mix well.
5. Roast the carrots for 30 minutes until tender.
6. Place the roasted carrots and onion in a food processor with the chilli.
6. Add in the stock. Blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Pass the carrot soup through a sieve into a large saucepan and heat through. Serve.
Rate This Recipe