- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 large garlic cloves, skin removed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- A knob of butter
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 shallots, diced
- 1 litres hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 100 g yogurt, such as Rachel's Greek Style Ginger Yogurt
- Chopped herbs, of your choice
Tips and Suggestions
Serve with fresh crusty bread, or on it's own for a low carb meal
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the carrots and garlic in a small ovenproof dish or roasting tin. Add the honey, cumin and seasoning, and mix well. Roast in the oven until soft and caramelised.
2. Take a saucepan and melt the butter, add the ginger, potato and shallots and cook until soft. Add the roasted carrots and mix stir.
3. Add the stock and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Using a stick blender or food processor blitz until smooth, check seasoning and leave to cool slightly.
4. Finish by adding a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Rate This Recipe