- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 mins churning
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp raisins or sultanas, (optional)
- 450 g carrots
- 250 g mascarpone
- 100 ml full-fat milk
1. Put the sultanas or raisins into a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave on one side for 10-15 minutes, until they have plumped up.
2. Peel and chop the carrots into 2cm chunks. Steam for about 10 minutes, until tender.
3. Transfer the cooked carrots to a liquidiser and blend to a thick purée. Tip into a mixing bowl and leave on one side to cool.
4. Stir in the mascarpone cheese and milk, and lightly whisk until the mixture is smooth.
5. If you're using dried fruit, drain from the soaking liquid and stir into the carrot mixture.
6. Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn until frozen - this should take around 20 minutes. Spoon the mixture into an airtight container and transfer to a freezer.
Rate This Recipe