- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins standing
- Effort: easy
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 1 small white onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 125 ml mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
1. Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, finely slice the carrots along their length into fine ribbons.
2. Place the carrots and sliced onions in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and salt and mix well.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Add the vinegar along with the fish sauce and set aside for a further 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly softened and have a pickled flavour.
Rate This Recipe