- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- a good dash of olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- medium potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery
- 700 g carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large orange
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
1. In a large pan, gently heat the olive oil before adding the onion and garlic. Fry for a couple of minutes until golden, then add the potato, celery and carrots. Turn down the heat, cover and sweat for 5 minutes.
2. Grate the orange zest and add about 2 tablespoons to the vegetables. Stir and add the stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Remove from the heat and liquidise in a blender. Add the orange juice and yoghurt and stir. Season to taste with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and return to the heat. Bring up to a gentle simmer, then serve.
Rate This Recipe