- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 100 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 200 g ripe tomatoes
- leaves basil
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Put the carrots in a small saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer, covered with a lid, for 10 minutes. Alternatively steam the carrots for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Whilst the carrots are cooking, prick the skins of the tomatoes and pour over boiling water and leave for 30 seconds.
3. Draining and rinse with cold water - the skins will peel away with ease.
4. Add the cauliflower to the carrots and cook covered for a further 7-8 minutes, adding extra water if necessary.
5. In another pan, melt the butter, add the tomatoes and saute until mushy. Stir in the basil and cheese until melted.
6. Use a hand blender to purée the carrots and cauliflower with the tomato sauce, adding about 3 tbsp of the cooking liquid.
Rate This Recipe