- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g carrots, sliced into fingers
- 350-450ml chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp molasses sugar
- generous lump of butter
- chopped chives or thyme, (optional)to garnish
- black pepper
1. Put the carrots in a saucepan with enough stock or water to half cover them. Add the molasses sugar, butter and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then cook briskly for about 45 minutes until all that is left of the liquid is a thick buttery coating.
2. Shake the carrots to distribute the coating evenly. Tip into a warm serving dish and sprinkle with chives or thyme if you like.
Rate This Recipe