- Serves: 4-5
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 450 g fresh clams, cleaned
- 900 g live mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 4 cod or halibut fillets, about 180g each, cut into large pieces
- 150 ml Pinot Gris white wine
1. Discard any clams or mussels with damaged or broken shells, or any with open shells that refuse to close when sharply tapped with a knife.
2. Place the butter in a large casserole over a low heat until melted.
3. Add the shallots and cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the parsley, bay leaf and thyme and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the clams, mussels and fish, then stir in the white wine. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the seafood shells have fully opened. Discard any clams or mussels that remain closed. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe