- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the spice paste
- 4 dried chillies
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
For the cassoulet
- 500 g mixed prepared seafood, (prawns, mussels, scallops, crab claws, squid and salmon)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 sprigs fresh fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 onion
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 small bunches coriander, chopped, to garnish
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Pound all the ingredients for the spice paste together until smooth, using a pestle and mortar or food processor.
2. Shell, trim and clean the seafood as required.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the curry leaves and onion.
4. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
5. Stir in the paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add all of the seafood except for the salmon to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
8. Add the salmon, lower the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
9. Scatter over the coriander leaves and serve hot, with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe