- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 crusty white bread
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 230g fresh ripe plum tomatoes
For the tapenade:
- 100 g pitted black olives
- 4 oil-cured fillets of anchovy fillets
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- freshly ground black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Unused tapenade can be stored in a jar in the fridge, with a layer of olive oil coating the surface to help preserve it.
1. To make the tapenade, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until fairly smooth. Check the seasoning before serving.
2. Slice the loaf of bread thickly - about 2-3cm width slices - and grill or toast on one side. Rub the untoasted sides firmly with the cut side of the garlic. Repeat with the tomato halves, allowing the tomato to break down and be soaked up by the bread. Serve tomato-side up with tapenade.
Rate This Recipe