- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 or 4 red chillies, cut in half lengthways and de-seeded
- 2 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 sprigs of mint, roughly chopped
- 450 g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 200 g tips of asparagus
- 200 g broad beans, (peeled)
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
For the seafood mixture:
- 200 g squid, cleaned, sliced cut into 5cm squares and scored criss-cross style on the inside
- 200 g fresh scallops, shelled
- 200g cooked octopus, cut into 2.5cm long pieces
- juice of 1 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
1. First prepare the seafood mixture. In a large bowl or dish mix together the squid, scallops, octopus, lemon juice, garlic, bay leaf and mint. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add in the onion and salt to taste and fry, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the chillies, garlic, cumin and turmeric, mixing well.
4. Add in the potatoes and enough water to just cover them. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes have broken up and thickened the sauce, adding more water if necessary.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the peas, asparagus and broad beans and cook for 2 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
6. Add the marinated seafood to the potato mixture and cook for 5 minutes, until the squid has just whitened. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Transfer the potato mixture to a serving dish, top with the blanched vegetables and drizzle over the lemon juice. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Rate This Recipe