- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 570 ml milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 10 g butter
- 75 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside.
2. Break the white cauliflower florets into pieces. Place in a saucepan with the milk and bring to the boil. Cover and cook until the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
3. Carefully pour the cauliflower and milk into a blender and process to a smooth purée.
4. Season with freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper, and add the butter.
5. Place in a large serving dish, sprinkle over the cheese and top with the bacon.
Rate This Recipe