- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- knob of butter
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- white wine, for thinning
- milk, for thinning
- 1 level tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Melt the knob of butter in a saucepan, add the onion, celery and garlic and cook gently until the onion is slightly softened.
2. Add the cauliflower, season with salt and ground white pepper, cover and leave to cook very gently for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the stock and a splash of white wine and season with more white pepper. Cook gently for another 5-10 minutes. Add about 100ml milk and the double cream, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer a little longer until all the vegetables are soft.
4. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth, adding a little more milk if it is too thick for your taste.
5. Serve in soup bowls, sprinkled with the smoked paprika.
Rate This Recipe