- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp beaten unsalted butter, or crème fraîche
- 1 French baguette, thinly sliced, lightly toasted
- g sevruga caviar
- ½ lemons, cut into small wedges
- vodka, chilled to serve
1. Shell the eggs, halve, and remove the yolks. Finely chop the whites and yolks, keeping them separate from each other.
2. Place the whites and yolks into different sections of a serving dish. In 2 more separate serving dishes, tip in the shallots, and butter or crème fraiche.
3. Arrange the toasted bread slices in a napkin-lined basket or bowl.
Keep the caviar in its jar or tin and nestle it into a larger bowl filled with crushed ice. Surround the caviar dish with lemon wedges.
4. To serve; spoon a heap of caviar onto a lightly buttered slice of toasted bread, sprinkle over the chopped eggs and onions, and squeeze over a little lemon juice. Accompany with chilled vodka.
Rate This Recipe