- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 370 ml full-fat milk
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 3 thick slices white bread, crusts removed
- salt and black pepper
1. Combine the milk, onion, cloves and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and set aside to infuse for 1 hour.
2. Cut the bread into small cubes. Once the milk has infused, bring it back to the boil and add the bread. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring often, for 20 minutes until the sauce is the consistency of thick custard.
3. Remove the cloves from the sauce and season well with salt and pepper. If the sauce becomes too thick, just add a little more milk.
Rate This Recipe