- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 200 g stilton cheese
1. Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium-low heat and slowly sweat the onions for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Add the celeriac and the apple, then pour in the stock.
2. Turn the heat down to a simmer, then cover the pan with a cartouche (a round piece of greaseproof paper placed on top of the vegetables and stock). Gently cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the celeriac is tender.
3. Remove the cartouche, then blend the soup with a hand-held stick blender until smooth. Stir in the double cream, then blend again until well combined.
4. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into serving bowls, then crumble over the Stilton and serve.
Rate This Recipe