- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the remoulade
- 1/4 medium celeriac, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 pear, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp grain mustard
For the goat's cheese
- 1 slices white bread, crusts removed
- round goats' cheese, with a rind, such as chevre
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 quail's egg
- 1 slices Serrano ham, to serve
1. For the remoulade: bring a saucepan of water to the boil, drop in the celeriac to blanch for 1 minute, then drain immediately and refresh in cold water to stop it cooking. Drain again and pat dry with a tea towel.
2. Combine the celeriac, apple, pear, mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl.
3. For the goats' cheese: cut the slice of bread in half horizontally so that the slice becomes half as thin.
4. Put the goats' cheese on the bread, sandwich it with the second piece of bread and cut away any excess bread not covered by the cheese.
5. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the 'sandwich' over medium heat, turning it when the first side is golden and toasted. When both sides are toasted, remove the sandwich from the pan.
6. Fry the quail egg in the same pan until the white is cooked and the yolk still runny.
7. To serve, put the goats' cheese sandwich on a plate and top with the fried egg. Arrange the remoulade next to the sandwich and top it with the serrano ham.
Rate This Recipe