- Serves: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr optional soaking
- Effort: easy
- 500 g celeriac
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 ml thick mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp milk, optional
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. If you think the onion's flavour is too strong, soak it in a bowl of cold water for 1 hour before starting the salad.
2. Peel the celeriac, then slice it as thinly as possible (using a mandolin if you have one). Stack the slices 3 or 4 at a time on top of each other and cut into long, thin julienne strips or matchsticks.
3. Place celeriac in a bowl. Drain and pat dry the onion if necessary and combine it with the celeriac.
4. Whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, lemon zest and juice, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning. Stir the dressing into the celeriac and onion. If you find the sauce a little too thick, thin it with 1-2 tbsp milk.
5. Season the salad to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Rate This Recipe