- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 375 g packets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 25 g butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- small handful fresh thyme, leaves
- 500 g cep mushrooms, sliced
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- squeeze lemons, juice
- 8 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp double cream
For the garnish
- rocket, leaves
- 50 g parmesan shavings
1. For the tarts: preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and cut out 4x20cm rounds using a soufflé dish, saucer or small plate as a guide.
3. Line 4 large baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Lay two pastry circles on each of two baking sheets, then lay the third and fourth baking sheets on top (this will make the pastry go nice and crispy). Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
4. For the purée: meanwhile heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and 2-3 tbsp of the diced shallots and fry until softened. Stir in the thyme and ceps and stir fry until tender. Scatter over the parsley, add the lemon, then remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Put the rest of the shallots in the same pan with a little more oil, some salt and pepper and fry until softened. Stir in the wine to deglaze the pan, then simmer until reduced by half. Pour in the cream and reduce again by half. Tip in any juice that has been released from the mushrooms.
6. Spread the shallot cream mix onto the pastry bases and top with the mushrooms. Scatter over the rocket and parmesan shavings to serve.
Rate This Recipe