- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g rye flour
- 200 g strong bread flour
- 30 g fresh yeast
- 15 g salt
- 255 ml water
- 30 g linseeds
- 30 g poppy seeds
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 300 g porridge oats
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the rye flour, plain flour, yeast, salt, water, linseeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
2. Mix together with your hands until it becomes a soft, pliable dough.
3. Place the dough on to a lightly floured, flat surface and knead for five minutes.
4. Return the dough to the bowl and leave to rise for an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
6. Shape the dough into a loaf, and roll the loaf in porridge oats.
7. With a sharp knife, cut a line down the centre of the loaf. Place the loaf on a lightly greased baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe