- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs to marinate
- Effort: easy
- 1x400-600 g white fish, for example gurnard, filleted and skinned
- 4 limes, juice only
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- handful fresh herbs, including flat parsley, mint and coriander
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black peppercorns
- rocket, to serve
1. Slice the fish fillets diagonally into small bite-sized pieces. Lay them out on a non-metallic tray and cover with the lime juice. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours, turning once. Once the fish is cooked by the lime juice it will turn opaque.
2. For the salsa, combine the tomato, onion, pepper, garlic, herbs, oil and seasoning in a large bowl and toss together thoroughly.
3. Serve the fish with a dollop of salsa and a pile of fresh rocket leaves.
Rate This Recipe