- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 750 ml sparkling wine
- 450 g caster sugar
- 01 lemons, grated zest and juice
- half a vanilla pods, slit lengthways
- 1 punnet of strawberries, halved
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1 punnet of redcurrants
- 1 punnet of blackberries
- 1 large sprig of thyme
- 1 lime, ut into wedges, for garnish
1. Pour the champagne into a large saucepan and bring to simmering point.
2. Add in the sugar and lemon juice and zest. Scrape out the vanilla seeds and add them together with the pod.
3. Simmer for 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
4. Add the strawberry halves, raspberries, blueberries, red currants and black berries to the hot champagne.
5. Cover and set aside to cool.
6. Blend until the mixture forms a thick 'soup'.
7. Pour into a flask, add the sprig of thyme and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
8. Serve in glasses, garnished with lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe