- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 300 g carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 175 g potatoes, finely diced
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 300 ml champagne, (or substitute sparkling wine)
- sea salt and freshly ground freshly ground white pepper
- slices bruschetta, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and coriander seeds and cook for about 7 minutes.
2. Tip in the carrots, bay leaves, celery and potato and soften for a further 1 minute.
3. Pour in the vegetable stock and half the wine, and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Puree the soup in a food processor or liquidiser until smooth, and pass through a fine sieve. Check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
5. When ready to serve, reheat gently. Pour a couple of tablespoons of Champagne into each bowl when serving. The soup will fizz gently. Serve at once, accompanied with bruschetta.
Rate This Recipe