- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 600 ml sparkling wine
- 120 g sugar
- 8 sheets leaf gelatine, softened in cold water for 15-20 minutes
- small punnet each of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
For the passion fruit coulis:
- 8 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp sugar
1. Pour the champagne into a saucepan. Add the sugar and heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
2. Remove the gelatine from the soaking water and add to the hot champagne. Whisk until the gelatine has dissolved. Allow to cool.
3. Put four individual jelly moulds or glass bowls in the fridge to chill.
4. Slice the strawberries.
5. Pour a shallow layer of champagne jelly into the bottom of each mould, and arrange a layer of fruits on top. Place in the fridge to set.
6. Cover with more jelly and a layer of fruits, allowing the jelly to set each time so the fruit doesn't sink.
7. Make the passion fruit coulis while the jellies are setting. Halve each passion fruit and scrape the pulp and seeds into a small saucepan. Add the sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute or so, stirring, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
8. When ready to serve, turn out the jellies onto serving plates, and drizzle with passion fruit coulis.
Rate This Recipe