- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus several hrs setting time)
- Effort: easy
- 8 sheets leaf gelatine
- 250 ml fresh orange juice
- 150 g caster sugar
- 750 ml champagne, (or substitute sparkling wine)
- 50 ml vodka
- 250 g blueberries
- juice of 1/2 limes
1. Break the gelatine leaves in half and soak them in the orange juice for 10 minutes until softened. Heat the orange juice gently in a small saucepan, stirring continuously until the gelatine has completely dissolved. Do not allow the liquid to boil, or this will affect the gelatine's ability to set.
2. Stir in the caster sugar until dissolved.
3. Add the Champagne to the orange juice and leave to cool.
4. Divide the blueberries between 6 large shot glasses and sprinkle with a little vodka. Add a squeeze of lime to each glass.
5. Pour just enough of the cooled Champagne jelly into the bottom of each shot glass to cover the blueberries. Refrigerate until set.
6. Once the base of each jelly is set, fill the glasses up to the top with the remaining Champagne mixture and refrigerate for several hours until fully set. Serve straight from the fridge.
Rate This Recipe