- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp double cream
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 225 g chanterelle mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50 g unsalted butter
- black pepper
- hot buttered toast, (optional) to serve
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly with the double cream.
2. Heat a film of olive oil in a large heavy based frying pan. Add the garlic clove and bay leaf, and fry briefly over medium heat until the garlic just starts to brown. Remove from the pan.
3. Throw in the chanterelles, and cook quickly over medium-high heat, tossing and turning until they are just tender and have released their juices.
4. Add the butter. Once melted and starting to sizzle, pour in the egg mixture. Gently push the eggs around with a wooden spoon until they are runnily set. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. If you wish, serve with hot buttered toast.
Rate This Recipe