- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 courgettes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 40 g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 120 ml vegetable oil, for frying
For the topping
- 150 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp beetroot, grated
1. Grate potatoes, courgettes and onion on the fine side of a grater, or use a food processor and strain through a colander, pressing out excess water.
2. In a large bowl, make the batter by mixing the eggs, flour and seasoning together to form a thick batter. Add the pressed vegetables to the batter mixture and mix well.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, lower the heat and place 1 large tablespoon of the vegetable batter mixture into hot sizzling oil and fry on one side for approximately 5 minutes until golden brown. Turn over and fry on other side 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve with lashings of cream cheese, topped with grated beetroot.
Copyright The Vegetarian Society
Rate This Recipe