- Serves: 4 as a snack dish
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 coriander roots, scraped and chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 400 g pork belly, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the dipping sauce
- 125 ml tamarind water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pounded galangal
- 1/2 tsp pounded garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sliced coriander
1. In a pestle and mortar, pound garlic, coriander roots and coriander seeds into a fine paste.
2. Place the pork belly and paste into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce & pepper. Mix well & marinate for at least an hour or overnight for a better result.
3. Bring a char grill to medium-high heat and grill each side for 8-10 minutes.
4. Chop the belly into 2cm thick pieces & serve with tamarind dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe