- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus at least 20 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 pork cutlets, each 250-300g
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of thyme, crushed
- black pepper
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 20 jersey royal potatoes, or new potatoes par-boiled
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
1. Mix the pork chops with 25ml of the olive oil, garlic and the crushed thyme Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to an hour, longer if you can.
2. Heat a barbecue and put the red, yellow and green peppers on the hot grill. Drizzle with 25ml of olive oil and grill until blackened on all sides.
3. Place the grilled peppers in a bowl, cover with cling film and set aside until cool. Peel, remove the seeds, and slice the peppers into strips. Toss together with the parsley.
4. Cook the marinated chops on the barbecue and grill until cooked through and browned on both sides.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry until lightly browned. Add the shallots and continue frying until golden brown.
6. Serve the barbecued chops straight from the grill with the roasted peppers and sautéed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe