- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp mixed fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary, thyme
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the smoked chilli butter
- 225 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce, or smoked ketchup
- 2 slices chipotle chillies, smoked
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground white pepper
For the vegetables
- 1 aubergines
- 2 courgettes, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 yellow peppers, seeded, and cut into 8
- 1 red peppers, seeded, and cut into 8
- 50 ml light olive oil
1. Lay each chicken breast out flat on a cutting board, and make a long horizontal incision almost through the breast, so that you can open it out like a book. Press each breast out flat with the palm of your hand to give a good flat shape. Season with salt, pepper, and the fresh herbs, and drizzle with oil. Set to one side.
2. To make the butter, place all the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is shiny and smooth. Turn into a bowl and reserve.
3. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, and stir in the olive oil.
4. Heat a griddle pan and chargrill the vegetables for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove to a warm plate while you cook the chicken.
5. Place the chicken on the grill pan for about 4 minutes on each side, turning each around after 2 minutes to give a nice criss-cross pattern.
6. To serve, place each chicken piece in the centre of a warm plate and surround with grilled vegetables. Top with a spoonful of the savoury butter, and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe