- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 duck legs, each 175g, or 1 duck quartered
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- grated zest of 1 oranges
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
For the hot potato and spicy chorizo salad:
- 1 large baking potatoes, thickly sliced
- 115 g spicy chorizo sausages, skinned and sliced
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 tsp chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3.
2. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the duck legs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat a griddle pan. Griddle the duck legs until charred on all sides.
4. Meanwhile, mix the honey, orange zest, cumin, mustard, garlic and soy sauce in a bowl.
5. Remove the duck legs from the griddle and place each leg on a large square of tin foil. Spoon the honey mixture over the duck legs. Fold the foil over each leg, forming four parcels.
6. Place the parcels on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. Toss the potato slices in the remaining olive oil and lightly season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Preheat the griddle until hot. Griddle the potato slices and cook until the potatoes have softened and are browned on both sides.
9. Add the sliced chorizo to the griddle pan and heat through.
10. Serve the duck legs with the potatoes, chorizo, mixed salad leaves and creme freche garnished with chives.
Rate This Recipe