- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 4 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
For the set yogurts
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 25 g walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 450 ml plain Greek goatï¿½s yogurt
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine, or 1 gelatine leaf
- 3 tbsp orange juice
For the chargrilled fruit
- 4 plums, pitted and halved
- 2 bananas
- 2 nectarines, or peaches, quartered
- 1 small pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 small firm mango, sliced
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches orange zest, finely grated
- chopped spearmint, to garnish
1. To make the set yogurts; scrape the seeds from inside the vanilla pod.
2. Whisk together the sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, yogurt, vanilla seeds, zest and honey until well combined.
3. In a very small saucepan sprinkle the powdered gelatine or break the gelatine leaf over the orange juice and let stand for about 1 minute to soften.
4. Heat gently over a low heat just until the gelatine is dissolved.
5. Whisk the gelatine mixture into the yogurt until well combined.
6. Divide the yogurt among 4 bavarois or panna cotta moulds.
7. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours (or up to 2 days) until firm.
8. To make the chargrilled fruit; preheat the grill or griddle to high.
9. Brush the cut side of the fruits with the grapeseed oil.
10. Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with a pinch each of cinnamon and orange zest.
11. Place the fruits on the grill or griddle, cut side down, and grill for 2 minutes or until golden brown and slightly caramelised.
12. Turn over and grill until just heated through, about 1 minute longer.
13. Divide the fruits between 4 bowls.
14. Run a thin knife around the edge of each mould. Dip the moulds, 1 at a time, into a bowl of hot water for 2 seconds and invert each yogurt onto a serving plate.
15. To serve; serve the set spiced yogurt with the chargrilled fruit and garnish with chopped spearmint.
Rate This Recipe