- Serves: 4-6 for a starter
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 courgettes, cut into large chunky pieces
- 2 fennel, cut into large chunky pieces
- 1 broccoli, broken into large florets
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 300 g mixed salad leaves, such as rocket, watercress, baby spinach
a dry frying pan, toast the sesame seeds over a moderate heat, stirring frequently until golden and the seeds have popped. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
2. Heat a ridged grill-pan for several minutes until very hot. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and char-grill, turning occasionally, until slightly blackened.
3. Stir together the sesame seeds, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, and whisk in the olive oil.
4. Arrange the salad leaves on a platter and top with the vegetables. Drizzle over the sesame dressing and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe