- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 4 breast plump partridges, boned and cut in half
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 100 ml Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 30 g roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp dried dried mango powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
For the chutney
- handfuls fresh coriander
- handfuls fresh mint
- 1/2 red onions
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 juice of limes
1. Marinate the partridge using the salt, turmeric and half the ginger and garlic pastes. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the greek yoghurt with the rest of the ginger and garlic pastes and the vinegar, peanuts and dry mango powder. Fold in the fresh chopped coriander. Evenly coat the partridge with this marinade and leave for 30-45 minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
4. Thread the partridge onto skewers and roast for 8 - 10 minutes.
5. To make the chutney: put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
6. Serve the partridge on the skewers with the coriander chutney and a fresh leaf salad.
Rate This Recipe