- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 6 Romano peppers
- 500 g crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 g pine kernels, toasted
- 200 g crumbly goats' cheese
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 250 g spinach, steamed and cooled
1. Place the peppers directly over the flames of a gas hob or under a very hot grill and cook, tuning occasionally, until blackened all over.
2. Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with cling film for 5-10 minutes or until just cool enough to handle, then remove the skin and seeds. I usually do this under cold running water.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5.
4. In a bowl mix together the crème fraîche, Parmesan, eggs and pine nuts.
5. Spoon one-third of the cream mixture into the base of a baking dish about 26x20cm in size.
6. Place half of the peppers in a single layer on top, then crumble over half of the goats' cheese.
7. Add half the lasagne and finally half of the spinach. Repeat this process once more ending with the final third of cheese sauce.
8. Cook in the oven for about 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into portions and serving with a dressed green salad.
Rate This Recipe