- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating time
- Effort: medium
- 1 sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
For the relish
- 1/2 red onions, sliced
- 1/2 red chillies, finely diced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the crisps
- 1 parsnip
- 1 potato
- 1 beetroot
- oil, for deep frying
- Scotch Softie soft rolls
- wholegrain mustard
- 1 handfuls rocket
- 1 handfuls leaves red chard
1. Season the steak and chargrill for about 2 minutes on each side.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to rest in a bowl in a warm place.
3. Strain the juices from the bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce to the juices and season with salt and pepper.
4. To make the relish; place the onion and chilli in a bowl and add the vinegar. Leave to marinate for at least 3 minutes, but the longer the better.
5. To make the crisps; peel and thinly slice the parsnip, potato and beetroot on a mandolin.
6. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or large pan to 160C.
7. Cook the vegetables until golden and crisp. Season with salt and pepper and drain on kitchen paper.
8. To serve; spread the softie with wholegrain mustard. Top with rocket and red chard leaves and some of the relish.
9. Cut the steak into slices and place on the leaves. Drizzle with the juices and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe