- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
1. Mix the yogurt with the onion, garlic and cumin in a large bowl and set aside. Using a sharp knife, make 3-4 slashes in each piece of chicken.
2. Put the chicken in the yogurt marinade, turning to coat well on both sides. Cover and keep in the fridge for 1-2 hours or longer.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. When hot, drain the chicken from the spiced yogurt, and sear the pieces for 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Turn the chicken into a casserole dish and pour over the remaining marinade. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. For chargrilled chicken with a sauce: after taking the chicken from the pan, return the pan to the heat and pour in a further 100ml Greek yogurt and heat through, stirring constantly. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe