- Serves: Makes 12 brownies
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 350 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease a 23cm square cake pan.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt and fold in thoroughly.
4. Add the oil, chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 35minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares.
7. Serve warm with ice-cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Rate This Recipe