- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g couscous
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic
- sprigs thyme
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 courgette, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 aubergine, cut into 2cm cubes
- 8 spears asparagus, trimmed of the fibrous green points around the sides and the tough, fibrous base, cut in half lengthways
- 75 ml red wine vinegar
- 1/2 bunches spring onion, finely chopped
- handfuls rocket
- 1/2 bunches basil, roughly chopped
1. Place the couscous in a bowl. Heat 350ml water, 50ml of the olive oil and the garlic, thyme and stock cube in a saucepan, and season with salt, to taste.
2. Once the water and oil reaches the boil and the stock cube has dissolved, remove from the heat and pour over the couscous. Mix well and cover the bowl in cling film. Leave to steam for 20 minutes.
3. Place the pepper, courgette, aubergine and asparagus in a large bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the remaining 50ml of olive oil.
4. Heat a griddle pan and cook the vegetables on the griddle for 8-10 minutes, turning them over occasionally. Once all the vegetables are cooked, place back in the bowl. Add the red wine vinegar and spring onions.
5. Remove the cling film from the couscous bowl, discard the garlic and thyme and fluff the couscous up with a fork. Once all the grains are separated, add the couscous to the vegetables.
6. Stir in the rocket and basil, taste and add salt and pepper if necessary and serve.
Rate This Recipe