- Serves: makes 20 filled potatoes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 new potatoes
- 4 rashers lean smokedback bacon
- 125 g West Country Farmhouse cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g butter
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- pinches grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- oregano sprigs or flat leaf parsley
1. Simmer the potatoes until just tender before draining in a colander. Preheat a grill and cook the bacon until crisp. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Cut tops off each potato, and using a small sharp knife, scoop out the flesh. Cut thin strips off each of the potato bases so that the potatoes can stay upright.
3. Using a fork, combine the potato flesh with the butter and cheese. Season well and stir in the bacon.
4. Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon the filling back into the potato shells and top with the potato lids set at a jaunty angle.
5. Brush liberally with the olive oil and set the potatoes on a baking tray, lined with baking parchment. Cook until the filling is golden and the cheese is golden - about 10- 15 minutes.
6. Garnish with herb sprigs and serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe