- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 eggs, separated
- 175 g mature cheddar cheese
- 55 g parmesan, grated
- 175 ml buttermilk
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 5. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and bake for 1 hour or until very tender. Cut around the potatoes horizontally and scrape the flesh into a large bowl taking care to leave the skins intact.
2. Mash the potatoes with a fork and add the cheddar cheese, egg yolks and seasoning. Stir in the milk a little at a time. You should have a pretty slack mixture.
3. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the potatoes with a metal spoon. Fill the potato skins with the mixture and scatter over with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until puffed up and golden.
Rate This Recipe