- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 pack shop-brought puff pastry, found in most good supermarkets
- 4 really good chorizo sausages, (standard sausage size), or another spicy sausage of your choice
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 16 wedges sun-blushed tomatoes, from the deli counter
- 4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese, such as Seriously Strong cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out the slab of puff pastry on a work surface, aiming for a square (30x30cm), ½ cm thick. Cut this large square into four smaller ones and then crimp the edges with your fingers.
2. Next, take a fork and punch a few holes in the raw pastry to prevent it rising too much. Place your squares of puff pastry on some baking paper on a baking tray. Place this in the fridge to rest whilst you work on the topping.
3. Break the chorizo into bite sized chunks and fry in a hot pan for about 2 minutes and set aside. Take the pastry bases out of the fridge and arrange the chorizo, mushroom, red onion wedges & tomato on top. Make sure to evenly cover the entire base.
4. Sprinkle the grated cheddar over the top - this will melt and hold everything in place during the cooking. Bake in a hot oven for 8 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown around the edges.
5. Serve with a side salad.
Rate This Recipe