- Serves: makes approximately 100 puffs
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 ml milk
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 9 g salt
- 200 g flour
- 120 g Italian hard cheese, grated, plus extra to serve, we recommend Grana Padano
- 6 eggs
- 2 g nutmeg
1. Add the milk, butter, and salt into a pan, bring to boil and ensure all of the butter has melted.
2. Add flour and stir using a wooden spoon on a low heat making sure the mixture doesnt stick on the bottom of the pan. Add the cheese and stir for one more minute. Remove from heat.
3. Put the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is nice and smooth. Add a pinch of black pepper and the nutmeg to taste.
4. Let the mixture cool and form the dough into 100 small round balls.|
5. In a large, deep frying pan, heat the sunflower oil to 160C or until it is hot enough to make a cube of bread sizzle when you add it. Fry the dough balls in the oil for 3-4 minutes or until they become golden in colour.
6. Dust with a little grated cheese and serve.
This recipe was created by Francesco Mazzei who is brand ambassador for the Consortium of Grana Padano.
Like these? See lots more of our party food recipes.
Rate This Recipe